Transportation agents need knowledge in the following areas:
- Transportation: The methods and costs for moving people, goods, and materials.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Geography: How to describe the location, features, and relationships of land, sea, and air.
- Public Safety and Security: How to protect people and property.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.
- Sales and Marketing: The methods for selling products and services.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.