In a typical work setting, wallpaper hangers:
- Have a medium low level of contact with others. They usually work alone but also interact with clients, usually on the phone or in person.
- Sometimes work as part of a team.
- Are somewhat responsible for the health and safety of those around them while working.
- Are somewhat responsible for the work done by other hangers.
Physical Work Conditions
- Often work indoors. May work outdoors to hang billboards.
- Often wear protective gear, such as masks, respirators, or gloves, when using chemicals to remove wallpaper.
- Are sometimes exposed to loud or distracting sounds.
- Are sometimes exposed to contaminants.
- [ More ]
- Sometimes must use ladders to reach high places.
- Must fully complete and be exact in their work. Errors may make customers unhappy and keep wallpaper hangers from being paid.
- Repeat the same physical activities.
- Often make decisions that impact customers and their company's reputation. They sometimes consult another before deciding a course of action, but usually act independently.
- Set their daily tasks and goals by customer schedules.
- [ More ]
- Must meet weekly deadlines.
- Usually work 40 hours per week.