Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
North Central, Northern Stateline, Career Cluster
Solderers - Physical Demands
Welders and solderers frequently:
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Stand for long periods of time.
It is important for welders and solderers to be able to:
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- [ More ]
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for welders and solderers to be able to:
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Determine the distance between objects.
- [ More ]
- Understand the speech of another person.
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Choose quickly and correctly among various movements when responding to different signals.
- Adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Move arms and legs quickly.