Medical sonographers need knowledge in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Physics: The features and laws of matter and energy.
- Medicine and Dentistry: Injuries and illnesses and plans for treatment.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Psychology: People, their actions, and mental processes and how to treat problems.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.