In a typical work setting, computer, atm, and office machine repairers:
- Have a medium to high level of interaction with others. They often talk to customers and members of the public.
- Talk with others by telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face discussions.
- May on occasion deal with people who might be rude or angry, especially those affected by broken machines.
- Have limited responsibility for the work done by others.
- [ More ]
- Sometimes work as part of a team.
Physical Work Conditions
- Usually work indoors, except for ATM repairers, who may work outside to service outdoor locations.
- Often travel to and from work sites in a truck or van.
- May work physically close to others.
- Occasionally are exposed to contaminants.
- Repeat the same physical and mental activities.
- Must be very exact and accurate when fixing machines.
- Make most decisions on the spot, without consulting a supervisor first.
- Determine their daily tasks and goals independently.
- [ More ]
- Work in a moderately stressful atmosphere in which daily and weekly deadlines must be met.
- Usually work at least 40 hours per week.
- May work on-call, nights, or weekends.