Security and fire alarm systems installers need knowledge in the following areas:
- Public Safety and Security: How to protect people and property.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Telecommunications: The tools used to send messages and data.
- Building and Construction: The tools and methods used to construct buildings, roads, and other structures.
- Engineering and Technology: How to use computers and rules of engineering to design and produce goods and services.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.