Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
Central, West Central, East Central, North Central, Northeast, Northern Stateline, Northwest, Southeast, Southern, Southwest, Statewide
Middle School Teachers
Middle School Teachers - Physical Demands
Middle school teachers frequently:
- Stand for long periods of time.
It is important for middle school teachers to be able to:
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for middle school teachers to be able to:
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.