Middle school teachers need knowledge in the following areas:
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.
- Psychology: People, their actions, and mental processes and how to treat problems.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Public Safety and Security: How to protect people and property.