In a typical work setting, geographic information systems specialists:
- Have a medium level of social interaction.
- Are somewhat responsible for the work done by others.
- Communicate with others primarily via e-mail, telephone, and in person.
- Usually work as part of a team.
Physical Work Conditions
- Usually work indoors, but may occasionally work outside.
- Must be extremely accurate when performing the job.
- Usually do not consult a supervisor before making decisions or setting tasks and goals.
- Make decisions weekly that affect other people or the reputation of their employer.
- Must meet strict weekly deadlines.
- [ More ]
- Repeat the same physical and mental tasks throughout the day.
- Work schedules are generally established.
- May work overtime when trying to meet a deadline.
- May travel to construction sites.