|Public or private||Private|
|Type of school||Vocational|
|School accreditation||Approved by Illinois Board of Higher Education|
|Specialized licensure||International Code Compliance|
|Setting||Suburban (within commuting distance of a large city)|
|Closest major metropolitan area||Chicago|
|Population of city the school is in||112,100|
|Distance from campus to city center||5 miles|
|Student parking on campus||Free parking|
|Campus size||30,000 sq. ft. building|
|Total number of students||1,600|
|Percentage of students 25 or older||65%|
|Costs (for proprietary schools)||
Plumbing Apprenticeship Program: $650/semester
Code Enforcement: $14500
Vocational Certificate Programs:
Residential Inspector-Single Discipline: $3302
Residential Inspector-Multiple Discipline: $3992
Property Maintenance Inspector: $3141
Permit Technician: $2901
Commercial Mechanical Inspector: $3198
Commercial Building Inspector: $3516
|Tuition refund policy||
If a student does not begin classes, and tuition and fees have been collected, a refund of all monies paid shall be made within thirty (30) days of the start of the program and an amount not more than $150 may be retained for application and recruiting costs.
1) If a notice of withdrawal is given after the first day of classes but prior to the end of 5% of the program, Building & Fire Code Academy may retain the application/registration fee, an amount not to exceed 10% of the tuition and other instructional charges or $300, whichever is less, and the cost of any books or materials which have been provided by Building & Fire Code Academy.
2) When a student has completed in excess of 5% of the course of instruction Building & Fire Code Academy may retain the application/registration fee but shall retain an amount computed pro-rata by days in class plus 10% of tuition and other instructional charges up to completion of 60% of course of instruction.
3) When a student has completed an excess of 60% of a course of instruction, Building & Fire Code Academy may retain the application/registration fee and the entire tuition and other charges.
4) The refund policy for short courses up to 20 clock hours shall refund pro rata up to 60% of the course of instruction.
When a student enrolls in a program lasting longer than 12 months and withdraws during the first 12 months, the refund formula shall be based on tuition owed for 12 months. Building & Fire Code Academy shall refund 100% of any tuition collected for the obligation beyond the 12 months. The refund policy for short courses up to 20 clock hours shall refund pro rata up to 60% completion of the course.
Tuition Reimbursement Scale/Cancellation Policy/Withdrawal Procedure
1) Student application and registration fee is not refundable.
2) Any student applying for a program that is discontinued by the Academy shall receive a complete refund of all fees and/or tuition paid, including the application/registration fee. It is the policy of Building & Fire Code Academy to issue refunds in a prompt manner. To expedite the refund process, students should give written notification to Building & Fire Code Academy (in person or by registered mail) of their intention to withdraw from a program. However, written notification of withdrawal as a condition for making refunds is not mandatory.
3) If no notification of withdrawal is received and a student has had an unexplained absence of five (5) or more consecutive class days, Building & Fire Code Academy shall consider the student to have withdrawn from the program. In all cases, the date of withdrawal shall be the last day of attendance.
4) Refunds shall be made within 30 days of the last day of the attendance if written notification has been provided to the institution by the student; otherwise, refunds shall be made within 30 days from the date the institution terminates the student or determines that the student has withdrawn. Determination that a student has withdrawn shall be made within 30 days of the last day of attendance; Building & Fire Code Academy shall provide written acknowledgment of a student’s notification of withdrawal within fifteen (15) calendar days of the postmark date of the notification of withdrawal.
5) In all instances, refunds shall be based on and computed from the last day of attendance.
6) Any unused portion of a book fee shall be refunded
|Pre-payment plan (if you pay your entire tuition when you enroll, you don't have to pay higher prices if tuition increases)||Yes|
|Tuition guarantee (you aren't affected by tuition increases; the tuition you pay your first year is the amount you pay all years)||Yes|
|Veteran's benefits, such as the GI Bill, are honored||Yes|
|Admissions contact person||Sonya Shearer|
|Admissions contact title||Dean of Education|
|Admissions contact e-mail|
|Admissions phone (local)||847.428.2951|
|Admissions phone (toll free)||800.488.7057|
|High school education||High school diploma required and GED accepted.|
|Admissions contact person #2||Anneliese Hohmeier|
|Admissions contact title #2||Administrative Assistant, Onsite Programs|
|Admissions contact e-mail #2|
|To get a catalog|
|Academic calendar||Three terms per year|
|Number of faculty on campus||9|
|Average class size|
|Online registration for classes||Yes|
|Housing contact person||Sonya Shearer|
|Housing contact title||Dean of Education|
|Housing contact e-mail|
|Disabilities contact person||Sonya Shearer|
|Disabilities contact title||Dean of Education|
|Disabilities contact e-mail|
|Disabilities contact phone||847.428.2951|
|Number of students with a disability served in a recent year||2|
|24-hour emergency phone and alarms on campus||Yes|
|Career contact person||Sonya Shearer|
|Career contact title||Dean of Education|
|Career contact e-mail address|
|Career contact phone||847.428.2951|
|Alumni networking and mentoring||Yes|
|Career interest testing||Yes|
|Job interview preparation||Yes|
|Résumé preparation assistance||Yes|
|Résumé referral to employers||Yes|