In a typical work setting, casino gambling workers:
- Have a high level of social interaction. They spend most of their shift interacting with players.
- Often deal with conflict situations and people who may be unpleasant or angry.
- Are somewhat responsible for the health and safety of others.
- Work as part of a team or group.
- [ More ]
- Are somewhat responsible for the outcomes of other workers.
Physical Work Conditions
- Always work indoors.
- Are often exposed to sounds and noises, such as slot machines, that might be distracting.
- Work close to others, usually within a few feet.
- Are occasionally exposed to contaminants, such as cigarette smoke.
- Must be very exact and highly accurate when performing their job.
- Regularly make decisions that affect the reputation of the casino.
- Work in a moderately competitive environment.
- Repeat the same mental and physical activities.
- Usually work a set schedule each week.
- May work part time or full time. Most work 40 hours a week.