University and college teachers need to:
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Read and understand work-related materials.
- Understand written information.
- Understand spoken information.
- [ More ]
- Write clearly so other people can understand.
- Listen to others and ask questions.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- [ More ]
- Recognize the nature of a problem.
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order.
- Think of new ideas about a topic.
- Develop rules that group items in various ways.
- Think of original, unusual, or creative ways to solve problems.
- Recognize when important changes happen or are likely to happen in a system.
- Identify what must be changed to reach goals.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
- Manage the time of self and others.
Work with People
- Teach others how to do something.
- Use several methods to learn or teach new things.
- Be aware of others’ reactions and understand the possible causes.
- Change behavior in relation to others’ actions.