In Illinois, estheticians must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Licensing requirements include:
- being at least 16 years of age;
- be a high school graduate or be beyond age of compulsory school attendance;
- completion of a 750 hour program of study from an approved esthetics school or cosmetology school teaching esthetics;
- passage of an examination; and
- payment of examination and licensing fees.
Licenses must be renewed every two years.
For information regarding licensing requirements, contact:Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
320 West Washington Street, 3rd Floor, Springfield, IL 62786
Phone: 217.785.0800, Fax: 217.782.7645